Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Saravana stores Goons

Recently an NRI from London was attacked for "stealing" a Rs 10 ball though he had bought it in the same shop.

Six Saravana Store Workers( goons) attacked a NRI Gentleman, who came shopping to Chennai. Elanchezian, a visiting NRI from London, was shopping in Saravana Stores, Ranganathan Street along with his wife Mrs. Sudharshini and little daughter Nilayini, 3 yrs of age. Day before yesterday, he shopped in Saravana Stores for Rs.10,000. After having paid for the items, Elanchezian tried to carry his daughter outside the store. His daughter was carrying a small rubber ball worth Rs.10 and the store workers thought she had stolen it.

Elanchezian tried to explain that he had bought the rubber ball but the 6 store workers attacked him, and injured Elanchezian. The public tried to help Elanchezian but the store workers prevented them from doing so. Finally, Elanchezian called up the Mambalam Police Station and explained the situation but the police were reluctant to file a case. When Lathika Charan, Commissioner of Police came to know about this, she ordered immediate action on the six accused.

The Six workers were later taken to Saidapet Magistrate and released on bail.

Now my point on this issue is , the management knew this was wrong. So they should have apologized to the concerned person. They never did that. Instead, once again took the arrogant path using their money and power in chennai.

Mr Elanchezian , we people are with you. Go ahead, fight it . I will try to blog this incident in more places. DO NOT get into any compromise till justice is done.

This should be a lesson to every big wig owner who thinks they are superior than the customers.
Ofcourse other shops might also be doing the same thing. For them , the message is "time is not too far when you also get caught with evidence" .

I WILL NOT SHOP IN SARAVANA STORES. Even if it means I spend few thousands more at other shops.

4 comments:

VSK said...

Well said and timely reporting when other media are playing this down!

Cheliyan said...

Hi, I am Ilancheliyan. Thank you for your support on this. I will never go for any compromise. I just wanted to make all shop owners in Chennai aware that the customers are very important and treatede politely and fairly. I decided to take this matter to the court only after hearing so many incidents as such at Saravana Stores including couple of suspected murders. My brohter from Australia in the process of developing a web page 'www.makeindiasafe.com' to collect information from prople to file a public litigation agaist Saravana Stores to request CBI enquiry on murders cases. My damages case is not ready and would be file in a week time. Again thanks for your support

Anonymous said...

Spriit and Cheliyan,
Really good sprit..
I can do may part to spread the news and posting this link in the organization website i participate. www.bettermarketplace.com.

-Durai

Anonymous said...

Posted this news at http://www.bettermarketplace.com/xwiki/xwiki/view/India/SaravanaStore+Gangsters

-Durai

 
CrispAds Blog Ads