Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Condolences

While I mourn for the victims of the Brazilian air crash , I do mourn for the fall of justice.
All the time in my life I have been thinking JUSTICE is blind - doesn't differentiate between poor and rich, power and meek . It was shocking when I read the following in the news column

"A Brazilian court in February banned large jets at the busy airport because of safety concerns, The Associated Press reported.

But an appeals court overruled the ban, saying it would hurt business and that the safety problems did not warrant halting air traffic, according to AP."


Had the greedy, money hungry attorneys for the airlines not taken the case to the appeals court, the innocent lives would not have been taken. If a lower court had ruled in a way, there is a reason - only if the appeals court had thought about this in detail :(
Around 175 are dead and millions live to mourn them with heavy heart, am with you folks.

2 comments:

Rajesh said...

unfortunately for smaller nations, economy is more important than lives

Learner said...

There are always plenty of options available to improve economy. Its the airlines which is to be blamed here.

 
CrispAds Blog Ads